A reception desk or an office counter is a desk generally placed in the lobby, waiting room, or the front of the workplace. Office counter [เคาน์เตอร์ ออฟฟิศ, which is the term in Thai] is used for answering telephone, greeting customers, schedule meetings, etc. All the above mentioned tasks make office counter an important piece of furniture for offices. Office counters are available in different styles, sizes, and designs to fulfil all your requirements. An office counter is distinct from other types of desks as it acts as the face of your company. It is a multi-tasking counter which can be used for different types of work. An attractive and good looking office counter conveys professionalism and success.
Questions to consider when selecting an office counter
- What business is it for? : The selection of office counter depends on the type of business it will be used for. Different businesses have a different requirement like a reception desk in a lawyer’s office should look upscale.
- What is the size of the space? : You cannot buy any random sized office counter as it will look out of place. Hence, you must measure the area where the office counter will be placed.
- What are its primary functions? : Different types of office counters are required for different purposes. Hence, it is necessary to determine the functionality of your office counter.
Types of office counter materials
- Solid wood: It is the most preferred type of material for office counters. They give a luxurious appearance to your office counter. Office counter made with solid woods is very heavy.
- Laminate: Laminate office counter looks like a wooden counter but they are not made of real wood. This type of desks is made with a thin layer of plastic along which is attached to a fiberboard.
- Wood veneer: Wood veneer office counters are similar to laminate counters as they also use a thin layer of fiberboard which is actually made of real wood.