Are you a blogger who is just starting out? Are you worried about attracting traffic? Are you familiar with digital marketing terms like SEO, SMM, SEM, etc.? Are you working for long hours every day and still not getting any results? If you are this guy maybe you are making some of the most common mistakes that are done by beginner bloggers.
What are the mistakes a novice blogger do?
Any new bloggers or digital marketers do 3 most common mistakes:
- Posting irrelevant content – Do you think that you will have to stuff your blog with hundreds of posts even if it is not relevant to your niche? You might have seen your competitors’ blogs and thought you must have a lot of content too. If you post a lot of irrelevant content, you will just drive away traffic.
- Focus only on SEO – SEO is important in the beginning to rank yourself higher but if you ignore other fields you will miss on a lot.
- You are not using cognitive biases – Cognitive biases force people to take action. It is a psychological term and it basically tells you about human psychology which would help you in convincing people to do what you want.
What should you do instead?
You must stop yourself from making these mistakes.
- Start posting relevant content even if it takes a longer time. Always remember that quality always triumphs over quantity in the long run.
- Focus on SMM and SEM as well. You must know that price of Advertising with google adwords[โฆษณา google adwords ราคา, which is the term in Thai] depends on your bid so you can make sure you are not spending any extra money.
- Learn about cognitive biases and use them to affect people who are visiting your blog.
Use these methods and avoid the 3 mistakes so your blog will keep growing.